Sunday, July 7, 2013

Gossamer Wings

dc110: gossamer



Foxes in flight across a leaf of used tea bag paper. Watercolor, pencil, coloured pencils, acrylic.


Mounted on heavy Saint Armand watercolour paper. Sequins added to denote stars. The writer and natural historian Guo Pu [Jin Dynasty] collected many descriptions of mysterious animals and plants. Of foxes, he said:
At fifty years of age the fox can turn into a human; at a hundred it can know something a thousand miles away; at a thousand years it can communicate with Heaven.
Our host this week for the drawing challenge has been Tammie Lee who has given us this magical theme of gossamer. I had a lot of fun with this one and yes, I am aware that the photography is horrible. I'll try to put in much better replacements taken with my daughter's fabulous camera. Pop by Tammie's place to see more gorgeous art with the theme gossamer. Thank you so much for dropping by today. See you soon I hope, Norma, xo

9 comments:

  1. I just love those flying foxes,the translucent feeling you've made.

    ReplyDelete
  2. flying foxes - great imagination! I want to fly with them...
    x Stefanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your gossamer-work - idea and painting are really beautiful!
    :-) mano

    ReplyDelete
  4. The fluidity of the figures and the eyes of these foxes are arresting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful creation Norma! I love your foxes with their gossamer wings. I love the idea of it, the quote and your beautiful creation. I always look forward to seeing what you have created. Thank you for taking the time to post it here. I haven't managed to keep up with the weekly drawing challenge, but am making some time to catch up with my unfinished creative pile and my head is filled with creative ideas that I want to do.
    I hope you have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Norma! Such beautiful ethereal work! Thank you for this inspiring post:)
    Hugs to you

    ReplyDelete
  7. ah, your foxes, norma... i'm definitely not splitting stamens when i say they're ethereal...

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Norma, I just love your foxes! Together with the quote your artwork becomes a fairy tale. It somehow feels you've communicated with heaven! Are you a fox turned into human? ;o)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thanks for dropping by and we'll see you soon, I hope, *smiles* Norma

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...