Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Thanks to Her Royal Majesty [WOYWW156]

On my work desk today (the spot of choice is the large library table) is the very very beginning of a card that I'm designing. So far I have a pink elephant wearing a crown of torn brown wrapping paper and sporting a blanket over her back with gold leaf trim. I placed a few flowers around where she walks and have started to cut letters from origami paper. You can see that I will be replacing letters for size, neatness factor, etc. but the message will be the same: THANK-YOU FOR THE SMALL SERVICE YOU DID ~ this card is meant to be given to someone who did a very small something for us (the person giving the card actually) like sign a form, or make a phone call, or lend a cup of sugar when it was the last one they had in the house. Inside the card will read: IT MADE A BIG IMPACT!! And there will be a poem which will be in normal typeset style. It reads:
"Small service is true service while it lasts: Of humblest friends, bright creature! scorn not one: The daisy, by the shadow it casts, Protects the lingering dewdrop from the sun. To a child, Written in Her Album [1835]"
As I was setting up the lamp to get light for the photo taking exercise, I noticed the crown and the word 'service' and thought of the Queen. So I just thought I'd say thanks to her today.
I was taking an evening stroll in the neighborhood last week and decided to go a different route than I usually do. So I walked past a garbage bin out on the street and spotted a completely fine demilune table standing beside the can. That means it is free for the taking. I took. Here it is set up in front of my bookshelves which are immediately behind me while I sit at the computer. Perfect. Because it now holds my pencil crayons, brushes, and tons of bits that I use in my art efforts.
Thanks for dropping by today and we'll see you soon, I hope! *smiles* Norma The fabulous Julia hosts a weekly drop in to see the desks of artists from all over the world. You can have a peek into other art spaces here.

19 comments:

  1. Great collaged card and loving your new find. Great place for storing your brushes etc. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy WOYWW!
    What a fabulous find you had! Looks in good condition too!
    Liking your efalump card!
    Hettie #50

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card and the lettering is awesome! I love trash finds, they are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fun card and amazing table find! Happy WOYWW 3rd anniversary. x Jo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! You scored on that table. It doesn't need re-finishing or anything!!!

    The elephant card is very cute!

    Happy WOYWW
    Hugs, Kay #138

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great find! I remember when we were visiting my brother in vancouver and we found a dining table near the trash. We go it too! here in the Philippines, we don't find any treasures like that- unless in a garage sale! Patsy from
    HeARTworks

    ReplyDelete
  7. happy woyww, great find in the street. love the elly

    ReplyDelete
  8. That table is just perfect, good score!!
    Keep smiling and creating, thanks for popping by

    ReplyDelete
  9. just love your elephant card!!!!!
    what a marvelous find!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great score on the table - It's nice to have everything together like that (says the one that can't find her pencil crayons!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, great find - we can't do that here! Happy WOYWW, Helen 8

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow what a great unique gift. Hey what is sitting outside and not nailed down is for the taking I say lol
    Bridget #25

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card, but the best is 'what is someones trash is another persons treasure' this is your treasure enjoy it. What a find.

    Eliza #140
    http://queenartoypia.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your card! The lettering is wonderful as are the colours.
    Nice find!
    Happy days to you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Norma! Popped over from Tag Tuesday for a visit! What a great find, I just love such stuff. A lot of my furniture has been found, too!
    Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  16. your desk is great! I imagine the artist at her work, so inspiring.
    x Stefanie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great find!Love the card. Have a good weekend.
    Judy #51

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great find, and the card is looking great, and I love the message. I also love the paper doll that you made and posted about. I hope to join in one of these weeks, but right now, I need to continue to lay low, and I already have too many things on my plate.

    xo Kim

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cute card. What a great find (the table)!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thanks for dropping by and we'll see you soon, I hope, *smiles* Norma

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...