Saturday, April 28, 2012

Hello World!

Well I completed the sculpted head as far as I am going to complete him. It's supposed to be a girl but sure looks like a boy. It reminds me of that song from the 60s "Are you a girl?...or are you a boy? The first thing I saw when I got up this morning was this, waiting for me, looking very sad.
So I started in on him. I'm calling him a him from now on. I needed to complete his mouth.
So I worked on the mouth as much as I am going to, and started in on the eyes. I built up an eye bone (I don't know the name of this bone) to make a socket sort of.
I'm satisfied with the eye areas and really, nearing the end of the sculpting of him.
He needs a neck proper and the general shaping of shoulders.
So he is completed. Remember that hideous lump with feather and dirt/dust embedded plasticine? Well I've taken what I need to make my little man head. The rest will be reclaimed to be used to make a dam for when I pour a mold of the fella. That will be next post.
Thanks for dropping in, we'll see you soon I hope. *smiles* Norma

2 comments:

  1. norma, this looks great!
    wonderful skills:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, 3 dimensional is such a challenge, and you are rocking the sculpting. I would never be able to do this. Awesome Norma.
    Keep smiling and creating and thanks so much for popping by.
    I have been so busy and haven't had time to visit my bloggy friends.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thanks for dropping by and we'll see you soon, I hope, *smiles* Norma

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...