Wednesday, January 18, 2012

My 'first' collage piece

Well I've started my first collage/transfer on a small 2+15/16 X 2+15/16 inch canvas. One of my favorite books "Descent to the Goddess~A Way of Initiation for Women" by Sylvia Brinton Perera features a striking black and white image on the front cover so I'm planning to transfer that image as a component of my collage. In the book (which has sat on my bookshelf since the early 80s) I found a very dried fleur which was originally a delicate lilac color so there's a hint still of that. I sewed an outline of a just-opening crocus onto a used tea bag paper sheet, and I left the long tails of thread so you can see it better. I'll cut them for the collage. There is a quote typed with my faithful manual typewriter along the edge of a very old book from France. It reads:
"Her breasts and arms ached with the beauty of her own forgiveness."

This is a quote by Meridel Le Sueur. I've a snippet of Japanese hand made paper which I am hoping will fit in. I haven't started the collage but you can see my initial planning of what will go into it!



Thanks for dropping by. To see more wonderful work by a group of fabby artists, pop by here.

See you soon I hope! *smiles* Norma

7 comments:

  1. This looks so interesting, I would love to see the completed piece, enjoy! Hugs May x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see from your choices already made its going to be amazing, I love the gold paper. I also looked at your doll gift,she is such fun

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see the finished piece, you have my curiosity peaked.
    I love altering canvases, it will open a whole new avenue for you.
    Have fun
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is going to be a fascinating piece. Also, thanks for the reminder, I need to search eBay for typewriter ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Norma, You are jumping right in!!
    Can't wait till you share your finished collage.
    Keep smiling and creating

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such an interesting piece!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just managing to make it round to a few more desks before the fun starts all over again tomorrow, I didn't realise how long it takes to leave everyone comments rather then just peeking at their desks, Love the thought of using dried flowers, Hope you have a great day Lou #94

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thanks for dropping by and we'll see you soon, I hope, *smiles* Norma

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...