Friday, April 24, 2009

Irina

Meet Irina. She is a paperdoll with a bird cage skirt. This time the door is left open so that the crow, a companion animal to Irina can come and go as he pleases. I used the same basic lines for this cage but left off the two turret shaped sides and instead drew a simple door left ajar. The crow sits atop the door gazing lovingly at Irina.
There is a quote on her bodice under the large piece of jewellery left over from the Ottoman Empire and brought to her by her companion animal. The quote reads (snipped directly from an old bible) "she came from the uttermost parts of the earth to hear the wisdom" though it is not a person she is listening to but rather her companion animal who speaks to her in a language she feels more than hears per se.
Well next post I will give instructions to make the bird cage skirt. Talk to you then, hugs, Norma.

2 comments:

  1. I've been following this tutorial for awhile - can't wait to see how the birdcage skirt is created!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh I have neglected this blog so! Well I just have to edit my hand written instructions so as to not be all long-winded, and will post a bit later. Ciao, Norma.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thanks for dropping by and we'll see you soon, I hope, *smiles* Norma

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...