Thursday, April 10, 2008

Jumping Jackie paperdoll

How have you all been? I've been thinking about you lots and lots these days and so I popped in to say hello. I've been preoccupied here in the fairyyellowbug studio--playing with paper and scissors and up to my elbows in glue. I came across an article that I'd photocopied and filed away for a rainy day read. Well it rained and I read. The article featured 'jumping jack' style dolls and while I was completely convinced that my version would suck badly, I discovered that it didn't! In fact it was good enough to give away! So here is a picture of my first doll in this style; quickly thrown together; experimental and a complete surprise to myself. I loved, loved, loved, loved making her and I'm going to make more! Somehow it freed me up to not worry about making things match or having fingers exactly in proportion. There's a whole new world out there for me.
So, this day, in the forest while I listen to the spring birds chirp and claim their space, and while the late afternoon sun finds its' way into my studio, I am especially happy.

1 comment:

  1. Norma, she is really cute...i like her face and the flowers on her head...what a fun project:)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thanks for dropping by and we'll see you soon, I hope, *smiles* Norma

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...